The Lackawanna County Land Bank (LCLB) Side Yard Program allows qualified applicants to acquire vacant lots owned by the Land Bank or lots on the Lackawanna County Tax Claim Bureau Repository List through the Land Bank’s acquisition and disposition process. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements listed below to be considered.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Please closely review the requirements below and check the boxes indicating that your application meets all requirements.
- The Applicant must own a property adjacent to the (LCLB) lot.
- The Applicant must be in substantial compliance with the local building and zoning regulations for their primary residence and other properties he or she owns in Lackawanna County.
- The Applicant must be current on all real estate taxes and assessments all for other properties he or she owns in Lackawanna County. The Applicant is not a prior owner of real property in Lackawanna County that was transferred as the result of tax foreclosure proceedings.
- The lot must be vacant and unimproved real property with no structures, unless approved by the Lackawanna County Land Bank.
- The Applicant must be able to maintain the lot in accordance with all local building, housing and zoning codes.
- The foregoing eligibility requirements are guidelines and may be waived or modified as determined by the (LCLB) to accommodate unique circumstances.